Let's take a peek at his personal library. among them are:
- The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas, Spanish version.
- Guilliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift, in English.
- Lives of the Presidents of the United States-from Washington to Johnson. Deluxe, Morocco bound leather, gilt edge and illustrated copy.
- A History of the US Presidents, from Washington to Cleveland (used copy).
- A History of the English Revolution: A Comparison of the Romans and the Teutons.
- The Wandering Jew. Eugene Sue (used copy).
- Florante at Laura by Francisco Balagtas. He carried this volume in his breast pocket everywhere he went.